Stained Maple Table Top. That is, get a spot or task light and set it a little above the table at one end; Apply it on maple plywood between 60 and 90 degrees fahrenheit and allow it to dry before applying a stain.

Use an oil based primer that fills. I've already finished the base (made from douglas fir) and stained it a dark walnut. The minimal grain pattern of hard maple make it the perfect choice for a transitional, contemporary or modern look.
This Wood Captures Light And Brightens Any Space.
The top is north queensland maple, i know some may see it as crazy to stain it however i am following orders from she who must be obeyed. White oak, alder, maple, espresso stained, black. First, prepare your wood by removing any existing paint.
Use A Raking Light To See The Swirls Better As You Go.
Swoonliving 5 out of 5 stars (226) $ 75.00. Star brite walnut stain on maple wood. Then resanded the top prior to applying stain.
As Suggested By Someone At Rockler, I Sprayed The Top With Water And Left It For A While.
Once the few coats of paint were on the top of the table and completely dry i used 220 grit sandpaper to distress the edges of the table. I've already finished the base (made from douglas fir) and stained it a dark walnut. Most of the finish is gone.
You Look At The Surface From The Other End.
Use dewaxed shellac for your best “clear” finish on curly maple: Custom table tops, indoor table tops, laminate. The finer sanding will help prohibit stain absorption.
Make A 10:1 Mixture Of Water And Yellow Or White Glue.
Wiped it and then let it dry well. I had to end of removing the sticky, ruined top with a chemical stripper. I ordered gf in colonial maple gel stain, and the gel top coat to finish it.
Komentar
Posting Komentar